HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR CANDLE
WOOD WICK CANDLES:
- It's best to trim your wick to 1/4 inch before lighting.
- Let the melt pool reach the edge of the jar on your first burn, usually takes approximately one hour.
- When re-lighting it is very important to break off the black char from your last burn. This can be done easily by taking a tissue and gently breaking away the charred wood. This will ensure a proper burn and crackle.
- Never burn for more than 4 hours.
- Always burn on a heat safe surface.
- Keep out of reach of children, pets, and drafty areas.
- Do not leave a burning candle unattended
- Wooden wick candles are awesome! Each wooden wick will crackle like a tiny fireplace when burning, which is a unique and relaxing experience. Burning candles can have many benefits. Proper candle burning and safety is important to make sure you and your home are safe!
- Here is the full list of tips and tricks to get the most out of your beautiful candle.
Burn on a heat-resistant, flat surface. Keep away from drafts, children, pets, fabric or anything flammable. Always burn within sight.
The first time you light the candle, allow the melted wax pool to reach the edge of the container. For small candles it may only take an hour. For large candles it can take 2+ hours.
Wooden wicks light slower thank cotton wicks. It is comparable to lighting a fireplace. Hold your lighter (we use a barbecue lighter) close to the wick for 20 or more seconds to fully light the wick. It may take a few lights the first time.
Never leave your burning candle unattended.
Burn for 4 hours maximum. Continuing to burn the candle beyond 4 hours is a safety hazard and will reduce your candle life.
- Do not touch the glass jar or metal tin while the candle if burning, or while it's still warm.
- Wooden wicks are generally self-trimming to a degree, but if the excess burnt wood is longer than 1/4", break off the extra burnt wood before you light it. Burnt wood will not light, but this also provides a cleaner burn and longer candle life.
- Burn candles in a well-ventilated non-drafty room. A draft might blow out the candle prematurely or keep it from staying lit. Our candles are made with 100% soy wax, all natural wicks, and phthalate free fragrances which is a cleaner burning scented candle option.
- If you have burned the candle a while and the flame is very low, you may need to remove the extra burnt wood at the top of the wick.
- When you're done burning, gently blow out your candle, don't extinguish with the lid or with water.
- Once the candle has reached 1/2" of wax remaining, stop burning it. Continuing to burn past this point is a fire hazard.
- Soy wax candles burn slower and are more temperature sensitive than paraffin candles. Your burn rate and candle characteristics might be different depending on the temperature of the room you burn it in.
- We do not use colorants in our candles or UV inhibitors so keep out of direct sun. Our amber colored packaging provides a natural light protective quality, plus it creates an ambient glow we love!
- Re-use or recycle your candle jar. Our apothecary jar repurposes nicely into a glass, flower vase, or storage container.
- Sit reed diffusers on a dish as the oils can damage some surfaces such as furniture wood surfaces.
- Dip the reeds into the oil then flip again and put the dry ends down.
- Continue to flip your reeds once a week for maximum scent dispersion.
- Keep out of reach of anything that could knock your reeds over.
- If spilled, clean up as soon as possible - as the oils could damage some surfaces.
- Not safe for consumption of any kind.